Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm lame...

Really, truly lame. I got all fired up about this blog, and while I do enjoy thinking about it and taking pictures, and having an actual meal cooked when hubby gets home, I need to find the time to blog it, right? Yeah. So, my first recipe was a 'clean out the fridge' dinner. Hope you like it.

Stuff in the Fridge Stuffed Chicken

In the fridge, I had:
Chicken
Sour cream
Cream cheese
Monterey Jack Cheese
Pepper Jack Cheese
Green Onions
Black Forest Ham
Frozen Spinach
Bacon
Turn the oven on to 350.

So, (if you watch The Office you'll get this) we start off by cooking the bacon. And Michael Scott had a good thought about the Foreman Grill. It works for bacon like a champ. Try it. Anyway, you can cook it any which way you want to. So there: step one-bacon.


Then make your 'stuffing'. I cubed up the ham, mixed up all the cheeses with it and put it in microwave.




In this thing. I love it, and you want one, I can get one for you.


Then I added the bacon, onions, spinach, and two tablespoons of milk to kind of thin it out.


Then, pound the chicken breasts flat and thin.


Then spread your cheese mixture over it, roll it up and secure with a toothpick, or a couple of toothpicks.
'

Then get a light sear on all sides before transferring to a baking dish to the oven to finish cooking.


And then my baby woke up and I forgot to get a picture of it all pretty on a plate, but I think you get the idea. Let me know if you try this, or something like it, and what YOU put in it.

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment