Monday, May 3, 2010

What's Cooking...


I hate to say that I need another project. And no, I don't need another baby...yet. It's more like an expansion of a cleaning up of my recipe books project.
I might consider myself a medium to medium high foodie. I love to eat. I like to cook. I like trying new recipes. And I am trying to get really good with my camera. And I'm trying to find ways to make making dinner fun for my daughter, who finds the dinner-making hour the best hour to hound her mother until she feels like ripping her hair out. So, I will be trying recipes that I have accumulated and never tried, recipes that I love and want to have a picture of it for my cookbook, making up my own recipes to get rid of stuff in the fridge and cupboards, you get the idea. According to my mom, a recipe is just a base, then you do whatever you want with it to make it good. I want to master this. So, this is an adventure on several different levels, and I'm excited about it! So, if you have a recipe you want to know is good, send it to me. I'll make it, post step by step pictures, and tell you what I think. This will be fun! Hey, if we have to eat, and fast food will kill us, we might as well enjoy cooking good food ourselves, right? Right. And with the dollar being stretched in every way these days, I'm all about learning to do it myself. So, let's get to it...

1 comment:

  1. OK...Marilee...I've got one for ya. Have you ever made homemade pita bread? It's getting harder and harder to find in the store (everything is pita "wraps" now!) I love having chicken salad in pita bread, or eating it with hummus but I've never made pita bread from scratch.
    -Shawn

    ReplyDelete